CHIPPEWA FIRE DISTRICT
The Town of Lafayette is a founding member of the Chippewa Fire District, created in 1978. The Chippewa Fire District is a combination Fire District with 9 career personnel, 2 part-time personnel, and over 110 paid-on-call volunteers, operating from 4 Fire Stations with 37 pieces of apparatus. Member municipalities include the Village of Lake Hallie and the Towns of Hallie, Howard, Lafayette and Wheaton, all located in Chippewa County.
Lafayette Station #3
Lafayette Station #3 of the Chippewa Fire District is located at 5855 197th Street, Chippewa Falls, WI near the Lafayette Town Hall. It is manned 24/7 with a duty crew of two Firefighter/Paramedics. The current roster for Lafayette Station #3 lists 40 paid-on-call volunteer members.
2019 Station #3 Officers
- Deputy Chief – Cory Jeffers
- Captain – Josh Rihn
- Captain – Robert Bauer
- Captain – Jeff Frederick
- Training Officer – Dan EnestvedtServices Provided
- Firefighting (structure & wildland)
- ALS Emergency Medical Services
- BLS Emergency Medical Services
- Critical Care Transport
- Vehicle Rescue (Extrication)
- TEMS Medics
- Search & Rescue
- Water Rescue & other Technical RescueStation #3 business phone is (715) 723-0607.
- For Emergencies always call 9-1-1.
Lafayette Fire Station No. 3 Events
ANNUAL FIREFIGHTER’S THRIFT SALE - The last Saturday in April, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
PANCAKE & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST - The last Sunday in September, 8:00 to Noon * All you can eat!*
Proceeds are used to purchase equipment, and/or supplies for the fire station, its volunteers, and the community.